Now that many people are gathering during warm weather months, there’s nothing like hosting those happy events in the comfort of your backyard – especially if you have an outdoor kitchen space!
An outdoor kitchen is an ideal spot for entertaining during this time of year, and it’s the perfect way to connect the convenience of the indoors with the easygoing environment of outdoor space.
Here are four ways you can prep your outdoor kitchen for easy summer entertaining:
1. Update Your Kitchen Appliances
Your outdoor kitchen uses appliances on a less frequent basis than your indoor kitchen, but that does not mean that you should skimp on making improvements to your cooking or storage arsenal. Even if you want the bare essentials in your outdoor kitchen, you can still have something that WOWs your guests.
Typically, most homeowners’ budgets are spent upgrading their outdoor grill to a higher-quality or even professional grade. As the foundation of your outdoor kitchen, the grill often becomes the focal point of that particular space.
Refrigerators, on the other hand, are a matter of convenience outdoors. Think about what types of ingredients you might have on hand during a barbecue or party, and consider keeping those things just within reach in your fridge.
2. Check on Your Outdoor Furniture
In addition to a well-stocked kitchen, guests (and your family members) want to be comfortable outdoors. This is where quality outdoor furniture can significantly improve your outdoor space: by making it much more inviting and allowing people to stay out there longer.
It would be best if you had a welcome area for entertaining and dining and consider any weather or seasonal-related needs. This might include:
- weather-resistant furniture
- patio covers to protect against extreme heat, cold, and moisture
- bug zappers
- ceiling fans
- and much more.
In addition to comfort, durability is the name of the game in outdoor furniture. In extreme temperatures, the more durable the make of the furniture, the longer your guests are able to enjoy it.
3. Upgrade Your Outdoor Kitchen Space
In addition to the above tips, there are several other ways to enhance the safety and ambiance of your outdoor. entertainment area, such as:
- Ensure your flooring is safe and sealed. Flooring materials should be slip-resistant and should also be sealed to prevent staining from food and drink spills.
- Set the mood with lighting. The best compliment to an upgraded outdoor kitchen is proper lighting. After all, light sets the tone and mood for every event you host, even if it’s just a casual family night. Lighting also ensures that the cook can see his or her space and safely prepare food in the outdoor area.
- Throw in some throw pillows. Throw pillows are an easy way to bring comfort, style, and color into your outdoor space. Invest in some with waterproof and durable fabric to ensure you can continue to enjoy them season after season.
Need professional help for cleaning and maintenance of your home appliances, whether indoor or outdoor? Contact S & S Appliance!
Call us at (833) 573-0314. S & S Appliance services home appliances in Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Mobile/Panhandle, the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and other surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment, give us a call or schedule an appointment online.