Over the past years, we have all become increasingly aware of the impact that our lifestyle has on the environment. So, it does not come as a surprise that homeowners are looking at new ways to increase the home’s energy efficiency and reduce waste.
And, according to the US Department of Energy, introducing simple energy-efficiency measures can help a household save up to 25 percent of their utility costs – which can amount to over $2000 annually!
However, each home is unique, and just investing in energy-efficient or smart appliances might not be the best option for your needs. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of energy-efficient and regular appliances.
Energy Efficient vs. Regular Appliances: All You Need To Know
Now more than ever, the time spent indoors has made us realize how important it is for our homes to be comfortable, healthy, and sustainable environments. As many homeowners are thinking about upgrading their home appliances, a dilemma arises: investing in energy-efficient or regular appliances?
At S&S Appliance, we know that standard appliances are surrounded by myths and preconceptions that can cause you to overlook their benefits. That’s why our experts have compiled an expert list of pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Energy Efficient Appliances
- Use less energy and water
- Require less detergent, chemicals, and soaps because they use less water and energy.
- Can reduce your bills and utility costs
- Increase the whole home’s energy-efficiency
- Can increase the value of your home
- Reduce CO2 emissions
- Increased working times (for example, increased wash cycle time for dishwashers and washing machines)
- Their functioning changes to reduce energy usage, which can affect their performance
- More expensive to buy
- Buying specific eco-friendly products can be expensive
- Cause significant lifestyle changes
- More costly to maintain
Pros and Cons of Regular Appliances
- They perform better
- They are less expensive to buy
- You can find a most extensive range of used models
- You can easily find affordable appliance service
- They won’t require unique products or lifestyle changes
- They have a longer lifespan
- Can be expensive to run
- More harmful to the environment
- They can waste precious resources, such as water and energy (a standard toilet will use up to 7 gallons of water, while low-flow ones reduce this waste to 1.6 gallons per flush!)
Maintain Your Appliances To Keep Them Efficient
Whether you have opted for regular or energy-efficient appliances, you might have to deal with appliance repair and maintenance. Ultimately, how often you will need to use repair services will depend on how you maintain your appliances.
To keep your appliances efficient and functioning, it is essential to maintain them professionally. This process, in turn, will reduce energy waste, lower bills, and extend your investment’s lifespan.
Have an expert like S&S Appliance by your side!
Here at S&S Appliance, we are proud to be an independent appliance service and repair provider. Whether you are looking to increase the efficiency of your home, reduce your bills, repair and maintain your appliances, or invest in higher-quality appliances, don’t hesitate to contact us at 205-426-5468 to consult an expert technician and discover a tailored solution for your needs.